Sunday, September 13, 2009

My first day at school. . .

So, Friday was my first day at my school. Just to make things difficult, I was sick the whole day. The principal invited me to accompany her and the teachers on an outing which consisted of walking through the woods and visiting a local university. Not a lot fun when you've got a sore throat!

On the plus side, I got to know a lot of the teachers, and they are all incredibly nice (the principal is too). However, I have a feeling that the head English teacher has no idea what to do with me. I emailed the school a couple times during the summer and the principal forwarded my email address on to him, but he never got in contact with me. On Friday I asked him what my schedule will be; that is very important, because I have to commute to the school via the train. He has no idea. He says he has to ask the other English teachers if they need an assistant or not. OK, that makes sense, but they've known SINCE EARLY JUNE that I was coming. Oh well. He is a nice guy too so hopefully everything will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment